Date Night Done Right at Sugarloaf
September 25, 2021
Sugarloaf is a great place to spend time with those near and dear to us, offering an assortment of activities all in one central location as well as an unparalleled collection of excellent on-mountain eateries and incredible scenic sights; there’s no doubt the mountain is a rather romantic destination, so adventure down the Access Road for date night done right at Sugarloaf.
Whether you’re a local or Vacationland visitor, spending a night at Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel offers guests a mountainside getaway: enjoy the coziness and comfort of a rustic mountain lodge with the convenience of a modern, world-class resort, an artful combination that fosters the perfect foundations for a romantic trip for two.
Photo by Maine Drone Imaging.
“Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” –Lewis Carroll
- Golfers are guaranteed to love spending time together playing Maine’s premier golf destination, the Sugarloaf Golf Club; this Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed-course has stunning panoramic views of the mountains and valleys of Western Maine, providing a rather romantic backdrop from first tee to final putt. Book a tee time today to venture out onto the greens with your significant other—or rather, hit the range together—and follow-up with relaxing over refreshments at Strokes Bar and Grille.
- You can’t go wrong with mountain biking together at the Sugarloaf Outdoor Center, where there’s terrain for bikers of all abilities; take a scenic ride through the Western Maine woods, venture down river-adjacent trails, and discover outlooks offering spectacular mountain views.
- Time it right and take a sunrise or sunset hike up the slopes of Sugarloaf; venture to the top of one of Maine’s four-thousand footers to explore the resort’s terrain and trails off-season while enjoying uninterrupted time together surrounded by nature.
- West Mountain Falls is an equally impressive alternative adventure for those seeking a slightly shorter hike. Located upstream from the Sugarloaf Golf Club, this outdoor oasis features a half mile of trails running parallel to the calming waters of the Carrabassett River, making West Mountain Falls a great place for exploring, picnicking, sightseeing, swimming, or wading.
- Elevate your love with a zipline flight from the Outpost Adventure Center! Groups of 8 or less depart from Main Street in Sugarloaf Village daily Wednesdays through Sundays; tickets are $45.00 per person for a 90-minute guided canopy tour, during which you’ll fly down 6 lines standing 20 to 30 feet high and running up to 240 feet in length. This is a fast-paced, fun, and unique option available to thrill-seekers who want to see Sugarloaf from a new perspective.
- Our 18-hole disc golf course is located just above the Base Area with sweeping views of the Bigelow Range, making it an active and scenic option for couples who might want to get a little competitive. Looser buys beers at the Bag after?
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” –Virginia Woolf
- 45 North is a romantic dining destination located on the ground floor of the Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel with dinner service from 4:00pm to 9:00pm Wednesdays through Sundays. This restaurant offers a modern take on classic New England farmhouse favorites, featuring locally-sourced ingredients, seasonal cocktails, and Maine-made brews; whether you sit in the pub or on the patio, you can enjoy freshly prepared fare from 45 North’s chef-driven menu, creatively prepared to highlight the best of Maine’s harvests, in a cozy atmosphere with an air of rustic elegance.
- Alice & Lulu’s Mountainside is an intimate venue on Main Street of Sugarloaf Village with exceptional offerings; this wine and raclette bar in the Western Mountains of Maine serves artisanal breads, cheeses, and wines, plus all of the wonderful things in-between and takes great pride in bringing guests the best culinary experience possible in a comfortable, inviting alpine atmosphere.
- Located just steps from the Beach, The Bag is the perfect place to go when seeking a casual night out, offering both indoor and outdoor seating while serving awesome apps, beers brewed on-site, craft cocktails, good pub grub, and delicious desserts as well as a rotating list of daily specials. The Bag is open Fridays through Mondays from 12:00pm to 8:00pm, and on Tuesdays from 4:00pm to 8:00pm.
- The Rack is a top-tier barbeque joint serving burgers, beers, and authentic Maine cuisine smoked with sugar maple wood; for this reason, this restaurant has established itself as an iconic institution within the Sugarloaf après ski scene—but no matter the season, the Rack remains a local hot spot that often hosts live music as well as weekly trivia (Monday nights, 6:00pm) and open mic night (Wednesdays at 7:00pm). The Rack offers a relaxed vibe with something for everyone—an evening here is an experience, offering good food as well as activities such as cornhole, tetherball, and mini golf, all available on-site.
- The nineteenth hole, Strokes Bar & Grille, is a staple of the summer-to-fall dining scene here at Sugarloaf. Located in the Clubhouse of the Sugarloaf Golf Club, this course-adjacent eatery offers guests top-notch service while you wine and dine; Strokes’ menu consists of cocktails, lunch, and dinner, where you have the option to eat either in the restaurant’s bright and airy interior or outside on their spacious and scenic patio.