Burnt Mountain Cat Skiing
Know Before You Go
Burnt Mountain Cat Skiing is Sugarloaf's most exciting winter experience, offering adventurous skiers and snowboarders access to the deep powder and rugged steep glades in our signature side-country terrain like never before.
- Two consecutive runs are included per ticket.
- Rides must be scheduled in advance, and guests will need a Cat Ticket in addition to a lift ticket.
- Tickets will be available to purchase when conditions allow.
How to Book
Please Note Tickets are only available to purchase when cat skiing is scheduled.
Step 1: Choose your time. Seats fill up fast, so you'll want to have a backup time in mind if your first choice is sold out.
*The schedule is ultimately determined by conditions and could change. Be sure to check your email for updates once you've purchased a ticket.
Step 2: Book your seat online at https://shop.sugarloaf.com.
- Booking is only available when cat skiing is scheduled.
- In addition to booking your seat, you'll also need a valid lift ticket or season pass.
- Cat tickets must be purchased at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Your booking includes two consecutive runs within your scheduled time.
Step 3: Meet the cat. Bring your confirmation email along with a photo ID to the Cat Skiing area at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled cat departure time.
Getting to the Cat
Step 1: Get to the base of the King Pine lift. The fastest way from the base lodge is to take Whiffletree to Tohaul. It takes most people about 30 minutes to get from the base of Whiffletree to the Cat Skiing area.
Step 2: From the base of King Pine, you'll see a Cat Skiing sign at the entrance to a glade. Follow the signs through the glade to the pick-up area.
Step 3: Check in with the staff at the Cat Skiing area. The Cat operator will load your skis.
Navigating Back To The Base Area
The Cat Skiing terrain will naturally lead you back to the cat pick-up area. From there, you can follow signage to navigate back to the Whiffletree lift, or ski further down to Snowbrook and ride the Snubber lift. Please keep in mind that some walking will be required to get back to the Base Area.