Carrabassett Valley Kids' Camp
Go Play Outside
For Kids 6-13
July 6-Aug 20, 2020
Daily Outdoor Activities
Year-round residents of Carrabassett Valley ages 6-13 are invited to play outside, share lots of fun and laughter, build self-confidence, and learn about the great outdoors. This camp is made available by the Town of Carrabassett Valley's Recreation Department.
- Camp hours are Monday-Friday, 8:50am-3:30pm. Campers may participate for single days, or by the week.
- Reservations are required to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- New operations are in place for summer 2020; see below.
New Guidelines for Summer 2020
In order to keep our community safe, the Town of Carrabassett Valley will implement the following guidelines for this year's camp. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Parents are responsible for all transportation. That means there will be alternate pick-up and drop-off locations depending on the activities of the day.
- There will not be any overnight activities.
- Campers and staff will be asked to keep a 6' distance from each other, and will need to wear face coverings when a 6' distance isn't possible.
- Camp will be closed on bad-weather days; there will not be indoor activities offered.
- Camp is only open to year-round residents of Carrabassett Valley residents.
- There will be strict cleaning procedures, hand-washing requirements, and daily temperature checks.
- Anyone involved with the camp (parents, kids, staff) will be asked to complete a 2-week quarantine after travelling out of state or interacting with an infected person.
Gadabouts is our hiking program for the younger campers, who each week cover 3-8 miles of gentle hiking terrain, and receive tokens of their accomplishments.
Sugarloaf is surrounded by several 4000-foot peaks. Campers 8 years old and up have the option to take on the challenge to climb a different peak each week. In recognition of this accomplishment, campers are given a descriptive tag identifying the peak that they climbed, and a special "peak bag" to keep them in. Naturally, the campers who "bag all the peaks" feel a tremendous amount of pride in their accomplishment!
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
What to Bring
Please pack the following:
- bathing suit
- sunscreen (please apply first coat prior to dropoff)
- bug spray (non-toxic preferred)
- appropriate clothing for the weather and planned activities
- sneakers or closed toe shoes
- plenty of fluids (no glass containers)
Goal: No Trash
We're striving for 100% participation in our 'No Trash' goal for camp, including lunches and snacks, and will be tracking our success. Please use reusable containers, and avoid pre-packaged snacks. Labeling of your child's belongings is appreciated.
Reservations and Payment
Reservations are required to ensure that staffing levels will enable us to provide the high quality of programming that we strive for. Payment is due on the first day of camp attendance in each week. For refund or credit, cancellations must be made prior to the day being canceled.