Based on the model of the Mount Baker Banked Slalom, the Sugarloaf Banked Slalom is an open-registration event hosted in conjunction with Olympic Gold Medalist and Sugarloafer, Seth Wescott. Featuring a course of banked-turns winding down Sugarloaf's iconic East Coast terrain, the objective is simple: the fastest rider to the bottom wins.
Registration is $60
Discounted Lodging & Lift Tickets Available
With a new format for 2019, timed racing will only take place on Sunday, March 31st. The course will be open for training runs (registered participants only) on Saturday, March 30th. Training runs will be timed with all results displayed at the Saturday night party located at The Rack BBQ. The 2019 race will also feature chip timing for increased accuracy.
The Banked Slalom takes place on Sidewinder- looker's left if you're riding the SuperQuad. The professionally built course offers creative features and flowy banked turns from the Jean Luce Timing Building all the way to the base.
- Registered riders may ride the course any time on Saturday from 9:30AM-2:00PM
- You must have a race bib to access the course on Saturday
- Timing will be available
- Trial runs will only be available Saturday, the course will be closed for the race on Sunday
- On race day, each rider gets two runs
Registration is $60 per person- lift tickets not included. Online registration will be open until Friday, March 29th at 5:00PM, or until the field reaches 225 riders.
- Each racer will be given a custom Sugarloaf Banked Slalom gift
- If space allows, in-person registration will be available at bib pick-up (see below) for $70
- No day-of registration
- Any racers who do not return their timing chip will be automatically charged a $70 fee
Bib & Packet Pick-Up
- Bib & Packet Pick-Up will be held in the Loft at the Widowmaker on Friday, March 29th from 6-7:30PM
- Registrants will be given their race bib, timing chip, pre-purchased lift tickets, swag bags, info sheet, and registration gift
- Riders must pick up their own items- friends and family will not be allowed to pick up for you
- Limited day-of pick up (bib, timing chip, and pre-purchased lift tickets only) will be available Saturday morning from 9-10am at Guest Services in the Base Lodge
- Kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
Lift Tickets & Lodging
Discounted lodging is available to racers and their friends & families all weekend. Just call 1.800.THE.LOAF and mention that you're coming for Banked Slalom and get 15% off lodging for the weekend. Discounted lift tickets can be purchased with registration for $55 per day on Saturday or Sunday. Pre-purchased lift tickets should be picked up with your registration packet on Friday night.
The Awards Ceremony will be held at the Widowmaker on Sunday, March 31st as soon as all racers are off the course. Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each division, as well as Women's and Men's 1st Place Overall. Overall winners will be removed from their age group placing.
|6PM-7:30PM||Widowmaker Loft||Bib & Packet Pick-Up|
|9AM-10AM||Guest Services (Base Lodge)||Limited Bib Pick-Up|
|8PM-10PM||The Rack BBQ||Winterstick Party|
|9:15AM||Jean Luce Building (via Double Runner West Chairlift)*||Mandatory Riders' Meeting|
|Following the Race||Widowmaker||Awards Ceremony|
*Racers must be wearing their bib and have a lift ticket/season pass to load the lift.