Private Tours Mon-Thurs
Burnt Mountain Cat Skiing is Sugarloaf's most exciting winter experience, offering adventurous skiers and snowboarders access to the deep powder and rugged steep glades in our signature side country terrain like never before.
- Two consecutive runs are included per ticket.
- Rides must be scheduled in advance, and guests will need a Cat Ticket in addition to a lift ticket.
- Tickets will be available to purchase when conditions allow.
- Private cat skiing tours available Monday-Thursday when conditions allow. Contact Group Sales to book.
How to Book
Step 1: Choose your time. Seats fill up fast, so you'll want to have a backup time in mind if your first choice is sold out.
Step 2: Buy your cat skiing ticket either online, at the Cat Skiing booth on the first floor of the Base Lodge, or by phone: 866.657.6763.
- Tickets are only available to purchase when cat skiing is scheduled.
- In addition to a cat ticket, you'll also need a valid lift ticket or season pass.
- Cat tickets must be purchased at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
Step 3: Redeem your ticket. Once you've purchased your ticket, you'll pick up the physical ticket at the Cat Skiing booth in the Base Lodge. Tickets can be picked up between 7 days and 1 hour of the scheduled departure.
*The Cat schedule is ultimately determined by conditions and could change. Be sure to check your email for updates once you've purchased a ticket.
Getting to the Cat
Step 1: If you're not familiar with the mountain, be sure to ask the attendant at the Cat Skiing booth for detailed instructions.
Step 2: Get to the base of the King Pine lift. The fastest way from the base lodge is to take Whiffletree to Tohaul. It takes most people about 30 minutes to get from the base of Whiffletree to the Cat Skiing area.
Step 3: From the base of King Pine, you'll see a Cat Skiing sign at the entrance to a glade. Follow the signs through the glade to the pick-up area.
Step 4: Check in with Ski Patrol. The Cat operator will load your skis.
Navigating Back To The Base Area
The Cat Skiing terrain will naturally lead you back to the cat pick-up area. From there, you can follow signage to navigate back to the Whiffletree lift, or ski further down to Snowbrook and ride the Snubber lift. Please keep in mind that some walking will be required to get back to the Base Area.